Help on publishing or searching for ads
- You can only post 1 ad per accommodation. Repeated ads will be deleted.
- Ads should be referred to a single accommodation. The generic ads, with no description, or that promote several homes at once will be deleted.
- Description of the ad can not have contact details, including phone, e-mail, skype or external URLs. These data types have their own space within the tab of the ad and your user profile.
- Images that are not related to housing published are not accepted.
- Respect the categories. For example, if you want to rent a room, you must publish the ad in 'Rooms for rent shared flat', not 'rental housing'. Proper use of categories is critical to success of your ad.
- When you register, you must provide a valid phone number. The phone number is important to verify the identity, and helps prevent Internet fraud.
- Write the address and postcode of the house properly (eg. Almond Street 5, CP 30099), and locate your property on the map. Ads that do not follow these guidelines may be disabled.
- Indicate the real price of your home or property, whether for sale or rent.
- You can translate your ad for free in 16 languages with our instant translation tool. Just make sure that each language is in its corresponding box. Ads that do not respect the areas for each language can be disabled.
- The ads must be published in the user's home country. If you wish to post an ad for a home or accommodation in a country different from your residence, you should contact us first. This step helps us to prevent fraud, so we ask for your patience.
Can I publish for FREE?
Yes, you can publish for free, but to answer contact messages you need to upgrade your ad to PLUS or Premium. In this way, you can try the service free of charge, and only pay if you get results. Free ads last for one month. After this time, if you want yo keep it active, you must renew it. Please don´t use free ads to repeat several times the same ad, and consider it SPAM and we would be forced to block your account. The following conditions must also be me to be able to publish free ads: - Your account must be associated with your Facebook account. - The property that you are advertising must be located in the same country as you.
How do I publish my ad?
To post your ad, you just need to complete a very simple process:
- Register or Login to the web.
- Indicate the general data of housing / accommodation you want to advertise.
- State and locality in which it is located.
- Exact address of the house. - Category (Rent, Sale, Rent rooms, etc..)
- Locate the property on the map. You can drag the marker to select the exact location.
- Complete the property details.
- Compose a catchy title that best describes your ad.
- Write an extended description of the property. - Translates into 14 languages for free - this is done automatically however you can modify the texts once you have confirmed the ad.
- Indicate the price and features of the property.
- Upload photos, the more the better.
- Choose the type of ad.
- Premium Ad
- Standard Ad
How are the search results ordered?
The first ads to appear are the Premium ads. The free (Standard) ads are shown last.
Adverts are displayed in order of publication, the most recent appearingat the top of the listings.
- Premium Ads - 12 months.
- Premium Ads - 1 month.
- Standard or free ads.
How I can edit and manage my Ad?
To modify an existing ad, follow these instructions:
- Log into your account.
- Click on the "My Adverts" option.
- You will see a list if your adverts. Below each one is a list of buttons/options for that ad.
- Click on the "edit" button.
- Modify the fields you want (general details, descrition, address, calendar etc.).
For how long will my ad published?
Your ad will be published until you deactivate or cancel it via your admin panel.
The Free Ads expire after 1 month, but that does not mean that they stop being published.
When an advert expires it moves down the search results list but is still available to be seen and users can continue to contact you.
If your ad expires and you want to keep it active, you should renew your listing with Plus and Premium.
How I can delete or disable an ad?
To delete or deactivate an ad, you have to:
- Login to your account.
- Go to My Ads option, and find the add you want to remove.
- From the buttons shown below the ad that you want to remove or deactivate click on the "delete" or "deactivate" button (if available).
- If you choose to "Delete" the add, you will be shown a new form where you can confirm that you want to delete the ad *
* Deleted adverts can not be re-activated!
How to activate an expired ad?
To activate an expired ad you have to go to your Control Panel and from there to the My Ads tab. You will see a list of all your ads. To enable one expired, just look at the list and click Renew. Remember to activate an ad already expired, you must upgrade to Plus or Premium.
Can I pay for my advert by bank transfer or deposit?
Yes, you can. You can use the following (Spanish) bank account:
Account Holder: Gabinohome S.L.
I.B.A.N (International Bank Account Number):ES47 2038 9832 33 6000360941
Concept: Email address and Number of your advert
Gabinohome SL. Apdo 231- 29080 Málaga-España.
IMPORTANT: After making the transfer, please email us to let us know along with transfer reference number.
Within 48 hours of receiving confirmation of the payment your ad will be activated.
*NB. Any bank transfer costs that your bank charges, must be paid by the advertiser.
Did you forget your password?
If you forgot your password or want to change it with a new one, follow these steps: -
To request a new password:
- Click the button 'User Access' in the top bar.
- In the login screen, click on the link under the button 'Login'.
- Enter the e-mail associated with your account.
- In a few minutes you will receive an email with your new password *.
To change your password:
- Go to your profile, to 'Control Panel', and then go to the tab 'My Account'.
- Click the first button, "Modify data access'.
- Enter your new password, and click on 'Save Changes'.
* If you don't receive the e-mail with the new password within a few minutes, we recommend that you check the spam folder.
If the e-mail is there, mark it as safe to continue receiving notifications from Gabinohome.
How can I reply to a request for more information about my ad?
In order to reply to messages from users, follow these steps:
- Login to your account
- Either view the "Emails" options or access the messge via the "My Adverts" option to see emails regarding a specific ad.
- Click on the message that you want to read or reply to. *
*You can only reply to messages regarding ads that have been paid for (Plus or Premium) and are currently active.
If your ad is "Free" or has expired, you will need to activate it before being able to reply.
Who uses Gabinohome?
Gabinohome currently has more than 500,000 monthly visits from countries worldwide. Our website is available in 15 languages, and our visitors are mainly from Spain, France, England, Portugal, Italy, Germany, Sweden, Norway, and USA.
How to get more information about an advert?
If you have found a property that you are interested in, you can contact the advertiser directly by using the contact form which is found along side the advert.
- Unless you are logged in to your account, you will need to add your name and email.
- You can then leave a message explaining your interest and where you can ask any questions that you may have.
- If it is a rental property, you can also indicate your desired dates and the number of guests.
Your message will be sent directly to the advertiser. Gabinohome is NOT an intermediary and takes no part in the reservation proccess. All payments and agreements should be made directly with the advertiser.
We recommend that you always choose adverts with photos and that you check the date that the advert and/or calendar was last updated. This should help you choose the latest ads and thus avoid chooseing older ads or ones that have not been maintained properly by the advertiser.
Gabinohome is not responsible for any negotions and deals made between the people that use this web.
Do not forget to REPORT the ads if you suspect them of being false or a fraude. Thank you.
Do I need to register to contact the advertisers?
Yes, to be able to contact the advertisers, you need to register in Gabinohome.com.
By registering in Gabinohome you will benefit from many advantages such as:
- You won't have to complete your personal details every time you want to contact an advertiser
- By registering, you can create a profile with information about yourself along with a photo. This encourages the sense of security for the advertiser.
- You will be able to see all the messages that you have sent and also a list of the ads that you have been interested in.
- From your account, you will also be able to publish your own ads if you need to.
Why have I not received a reply from the advertiser?
If you have requested more information about a property that you are interested in but have not received a reply, it may be due to any of these reasons:
- The ad is out of date and is not being maintained by the advertiser
- The ad is a "free" ad. Advertisers who have free ads are not able to reply to messages that they receive unless they upgrade the ad.
Before contacting an advertiser, we suggest that you check the date that the ad and/or calendar was last updated.
We also suggest that you only contact ads that have included pictures.
How can I make a safe reservation?
When making a reservation, please take into account the following before proceeding:
- Gabinohome is not an agency or a middleman.
- Gabinohome does NOT charge comissions or request any money for the rentals or sales made through the web.
- Gabinohome will never charge you for any money for your reservations. If you receive a request for payment in Gabinohome's name, DO NOT PAY ANYTHING. Please report the case to us so that we can take any action that we can to remove the ad and the advertiser from the site.
We would make the following recomenadtions:
- Verify the identidy of the person renting the property by requesting as much data as possible from them such as telephone number, exact address, National Identity Number (in countries where it applies) etc.
- Check that the name that they use in the
- If they request payment upfront, ensure that it is only a part of the total amount.
- Avoid using companies such as Western Union and Money Gram.
- If you are going to make a payment use a payment method such as PAYPAL, credit card or bank transfer.
- If you making a bank transfer (or other methods) make sure that:
- The account holders name coincides with the advertisers name on the website.
- That the bank account is in the same country as the owner.
- Paying by credit card is usally the safest as most companies offer insurance against fraud.
- Check the rating and comments about the ad on the site and if they don't have any, ask the owner why not.
- Maintain contact with the owner right up until your trip.
- Share your experience with the owner and about your stay to help others.
- If the advert no longer appears on this site, be suspicios as it may have been removed due to bad reports or to being a scam.
- If you are in any doubt at all or if the owner disappears, don't forget to report the ad to us as this will help us prevent fraud.
Once again, remember that Gabinohome is not an intermediatory and will not charge you anything.